Nanjing Medical University International New Students Scholarship 2017
In order to further develop the education of international students and attract more outstanding international students to study at Nanjing Medical University (NMU), NMU has founded the “Nanjing Medical University International Students Scholarship” (hereinafter referred to as “Scholarship”). It has been established to fund excellent international students to pursue a bachelor’s degree or above at NMU.
CATEGORIES OF SCHOLARSHIP：
|Student Level||Scholarship Category||Coverage||Value(CNY)|
|Undergraduate||New Student Full Tuition Fee Scholarship||5%||34,000|
|New Student Half Tuition Fee Scholarship||10%||17,000|
|New Student 1/4 Tuition Fee Scholarship||15%||8,500|
|New Student Entrance Scholarship||75%||5,000|
|Master Degree||New Student Full Tuition Fee Scholarship||10%||35,000|
|New Student Half Tuition Fee Scholarship||90%||17,500|
|PhD./ M.D. Degree||New Student Full Tuition Fee Scholarship||100%||38,000|
*The Coverage indicates the number of scholarships in each category, depending on the number of new students in that year.
ELIGIBLE FIELDS OF STUDY:
All degrees for undergraduates, postgraduates and PhDs.
Excellent international students who pursue master’s or doctoral degrees at Nanjing Medical University (NMU).
CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY：
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
- Applicants for bachelor’s degree programs must have finished their Senior High School study and are under the age of 35. Applicants for Master’s program must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 40. Applicants for PhD program must have a bachelor’s degree and master degree, and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants must comply with the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and meet the admission qualifications of NMU.
- Applicants should have a good academic performance with a right learning attitude.
- Applicants should not be the awardees of either the Jiangsu Jasmine Government Scholarship or the Nanjing Municipal Government Scholarship.
Applicants shall apply directly to the Office of International Students’ Affairs & Admission of NMU only once during an academic year. Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements could apply continuously. Applications are only accepted from March 1st to June 10th.
Applicants should register an account on the following website http://admission.njmu.edu.cn/ of SIE, NMU, and complete the on-line application procedure. The applicants are also required to scan the printed application documents with the applicants signature and post it to NMU.
The applicants must complete and submit the following documents truthfully, correctly, and completely:
- The printed Application Form with the applicant’ signature.
- Passport copy.
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If the applicant is pursuing study or working at the time of application, should submit bonafide certificate or work experience certificate alone with the application form. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- For Applicants who plan to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree, a study or research plan in Chinese or in English (1,000 words or above) shall be submitted.
- Recommendation letters: Applicants who plan to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree should submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors in their undergraduates.
**Please note that the application documents will NOT be returned.
Office of Student Affairs. School of International Education, Nanjing Medical University
Address：#140，Hanzhong Rd, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province, PR China.
Contact person：Mr. Huang Xiaojia (Shawn), Miss Zhao Yilan (Olivia)
APPROVAL AND NOTIFICATION：
Upon receipt of international students’ applications, the Scholarship Evaluation Team of NMU will, according to the principles of fairness, impartiality, and openness, assess all the applications in accordance with the current scholarship quota of NMU, and the results will be forwarded to the applicants in written form by June 20th of each year. Those who cannot register on the specified date, unless permission has been obtained from NMU, will be regarded as voluntarily giving up their qualification of enrollment, and the obtained scholarship will be automatically canceled as well. Scholarship winners should take their passports, Admission Notice, and Foreigner Physical Examination Record to the Jiangsu Province International Travel Health Care Center to obtain a medical examination. Those with Foreigner Physical Examination Records that have been checked as unqualified must take another medical examination. Anyone who takes the physical examination and is diagnosed with one or more diseases that would, by Chinese laws and regulations, forbid him/her from entering, he/she shall be ordered to leave China, and the obtained scholarship will be automatically cancelled as well.. Fees for the physical examination and return travel are self-paid.